Mimicry only entertains, doesn`t solve problems: Ajit Pawar
Nashik: In a veiled attack on MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar said "mimicry" might only entertain people, but it does not help in running the government or solving problems of the state.
"The state is already facing drought situation while on the other hand the recent untimely rain and hailstorm have caused unexpected crisis for the administration and government is taking all efforts to tackle such issues. But some people do not seem to understand the situation and indulge in mimicry," Pawar said here last evening while addressing a rally of NCP workers.
During a recent visit to Kolhapur, Raj`s mimicry of political leaders in his speech was also criticised by Congress-NCP who had earlier said that he provides "free entertainment" and should rather take up mimicry.
On the people electing MNS to power in Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC), Pawar, without naming the party, said no development was seen so far. River Godavari`s pollution has increased and many problems of the city were still unresolved.
He also alleged that some people were busy in a "malicious campaign" against the state government saying that we have granted permission to conduct Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examinations in Hindi and Urdu.
On the occasion, state PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, without naming anybody, said instead of doing politics out of applause (clapping by people) and provoking people, they should solve various problems.
State NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, party MLA Hemant Takle and former Shiv Sena district chief Sunil Bagul, who recently joined NCP, were present at the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days