‘Mimicry only entertains, doesn`t solve problems’
Nashik: In a veiled attack on MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar said "mimicry" might only entertain people, but it does not help in running the government or solving problems of the state.
"The state is already facing drought situation while on the other hand the recent untimely rain and hailstorm have caused unexpected crisis for the administration and government is taking all efforts to tackle such issues. But some people do not seem to understand the situation and indulge in mimicry," Pawar said here last evening while addressing a rally of NCP workers.
During a recent visit to Kolhapur, Raj`s mimicry of political leaders in his speech was also criticised by Congress-NCP who had earlier said that he provides "free entertainment" and should rather take up mimicry.
On the people electing MNS to power in Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC), Pawar, without naming the party, said no development was seen so far. River Godavari`s pollution has increased and many problems of the city were still unresolved.
He also alleged that some people were busy in a "malicious campaign" against the state government saying that we have granted permission to conduct Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examinations in Hindi and Urdu.
On the occasion, state PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, without naming anybody, said instead of doing politics out of applause (clapping by people) and provoking people, they should solve various problems.
State NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, party MLA Hemant Takle and former Shiv Sena district chief Sunil Bagul, who recently joined NCP, were present at the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30