Minor girl bought from WB for sex trade rescued
Nashik: A minor girl, who was bought from West Bengal for Rs 55,000 for allegedly pushing her into prostitution was rescued here, police said Wednesday.
The 13-year-old victim was bought by a woman identified as Suman Khairnar, who physically tortured the girl and was forcing her into sex trade, operating from her house in Cidco locality, they said.
The girl, who was roughed up and inflicted with cigarette burns by the woman, was rescued last evening with the help of Swabhiman Sanghatan, which informed the police on a tip-off.
Suman and her son-in-law Sanjay Salve, who allegedly bought the girl have been arrested, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!