Minor girl bought from WB for sex trade rescued
Nashik: A minor girl, who was bought from West Bengal for Rs 55,000 for allegedly pushing her into prostitution was rescued here, police said Wednesday.
The 13-year-old victim was bought by a woman identified as Suman Khairnar, who physically tortured the girl and was forcing her into sex trade, operating from her house in Cidco locality, they said.
The girl, who was roughed up and inflicted with cigarette burns by the woman, was rescued last evening with the help of Swabhiman Sanghatan, which informed the police on a tip-off.
Suman and her son-in-law Sanjay Salve, who allegedly bought the girl have been arrested, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?