Minor girl bought from WB for sex trade rescued
Nashik: A minor girl, who was bought from West Bengal for Rs 55,000 for allegedly pushing her into prostitution was rescued here, police said Wednesday.
The 13-year-old victim was bought by a woman identified as Suman Khairnar, who physically tortured the girl and was forcing her into sex trade, operating from her house in Cidco locality, they said.
The girl, who was roughed up and inflicted with cigarette burns by the woman, was rescued last evening with the help of Swabhiman Sanghatan, which informed the police on a tip-off.
Suman and her son-in-law Sanjay Salve, who allegedly bought the girl have been arrested, police added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley
- Sex once a week best for your relationship