Minor girl bought from WB for sex trade rescued
Nashik: A minor girl, who was bought from West Bengal for Rs 55,000 for allegedly pushing her into prostitution was rescued here, police said Wednesday.
The 13-year-old victim was bought by a woman identified as Suman Khairnar, who physically tortured the girl and was forcing her into sex trade, operating from her house in Cidco locality, they said.
The girl, who was roughed up and inflicted with cigarette burns by the woman, was rescued last evening with the help of Swabhiman Sanghatan, which informed the police on a tip-off.
Suman and her son-in-law Sanjay Salve, who allegedly bought the girl have been arrested, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi