Minor girl raped, accused booked in Maha
Nagpur: A 40 year old person allegedly raped
a 11 year old girl from a backward community at Kini Dhamni
village, police said on Friday.
The accused has been identified as Sewak Bhaiyyaji
Nighot, a resident of same place.
The incident took place three days back (Feb 22) but was
reported on Friday.
Police have registered offences under relevant section
of IPC and also under the Prevention of Atrocities Act since
the victim is from SC community, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak