Minor girl`s molester sentenced to two years` imprisonment
Mumbai: The sessions court convicted a driver on Thursday for outraging the modesty of a 14-year-old girl and sentenced him to two years of imprisonment.
However, he was acquitted of the rape charge levelled against him.
According to the Nagpada police, the accused, Shadab Hussain was a resident of Mumbai Central in suburban Mumbai and the victim was his neighbour.
Allegedly, in February last year, he took the victim to his friend`s house in nearby Naigoan area and raped her. At this time, the victim did not tell her mother about the incident.
When Hussain called the victim to his friend`s house in Naigaon once again, she refused to go initially, but went along later, after he promised that he would not do anything against her wishes.
When he allegedly raped the victim despite his promise, the girl narrated the incident to her mother and a case was filed at the Nagpada police station.
The police had arrested Hussain in February 2012, who has been in custody since, after being booked for rape and kidnapping, besides inducing, abducting and forcible marriage.
The court convicted him under Sections 354 (outraging the modesty) and 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage), sentencing him to two years of imprisonment, besides fining him Rs 5000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail