Minor rape case: Absconding cop directed to appear in court
Mumbai: A local court Friday refused to hear the anticipatory bail plea of an absconding senior police inspector accused of raping a minor in suburban Mumbai and directed him to appear before it this afternoon.
Arun Borude had approached the Sessions Court
yesterday through his lawyer for anticipatory bail, alleging
that he has been falsely implicated in the case.
The police today insisted that Borude, who has been
absconding since the registration of the case last week,
should appear in court.
Principal Sessions Judge M L Tahalayani said that he
would not hear Borude`s application as he is not present in
Nearly 150 policemen had been deployed around the court premises today.
The inspector`s lawyer Vaibhav Bhagade, however, told
the court that his client, who is in Mumbai, will appear
before it only if he is given interim relief.
"Even this morning from 0730 hours to 1030 hours,
Borude tried to come to court but could not as he apprehended
that he would be arrested even before his bail plea is heard,"
Bhagade told the court.
Directing the inspector to appear before the court by
1430 hours today, the judge said that he would not be arrested
till the time his plea is decided.
A 15-year-old girl had registered a case alleging that
she was raped on several occasions by four to five men in a
flat at suburban Powai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked