Minorities panel seeks clarification on `Mission Mrityunjay` scheme
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Minorities Commission has written to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, asking if `Mission Mrityunjay`, a Mumbai Police initiative to rope in students to help police detect crime, especially against women, has the government`s approval.
In a letter to Chavan, Commission chief Munaf Hakim said he came to know through media reports about the Mumbai Police`s initiative.
Hakim pointed to a news item about the inauguration of the `Mission Mrityunjay Club` by Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, at a function here last week.
He also pointed to a report which said the scheme was started to counter criminal and terror activities.
"As part of the scheme, `Mission Mriutyunjay Club` is proposed to be set up in every college. The Commission would like to know whether the government has granted sanction for starting such a scheme," he said.
Hakim quoted police as mentioning that during the 1992 riots, arms and ammunition were brought into Mumbai due to corruption at octroi nakas and about corruption being prevalent even today in form of making fake ration cards, driving license, election ID cards and PAN cards etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical