Mins` absence leads to adjournment in Assembly
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
had to be adjourned for 20 minutes during the question hour
today due to the absence of cabinet ministers, when the House
assembled for the day.
There were no Opposition members as well, since they
had continued their boycott of the proceedings to protest
against not being given enough time to speak on the budgetary
When the House assembled for the day, only BJP
legislator Nana Patole came into the House and complained
about the absence of cabinet ministers, following which Deputy
Speaker Vasant Purke adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
Opposition members came into the House only at the fag
end of the question hour after Speaker Dilip Walse Patil
agreed to allot more time for debate on the budgetary demands
of food and civil supplies, water conservation, rural
development and Marathi language.
The Sena-BJP-MNS members had boycotted the replies of
ministers yesterday, when the Chair did not give them more
time to speak on the demands of home, power and industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?