Mins` absence leads to adjournment in Assembly
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
had to be adjourned for 20 minutes during the question hour
today due to the absence of cabinet ministers, when the House
assembled for the day.
There were no Opposition members as well, since they
had continued their boycott of the proceedings to protest
against not being given enough time to speak on the budgetary
When the House assembled for the day, only BJP
legislator Nana Patole came into the House and complained
about the absence of cabinet ministers, following which Deputy
Speaker Vasant Purke adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
Opposition members came into the House only at the fag
end of the question hour after Speaker Dilip Walse Patil
agreed to allot more time for debate on the budgetary demands
of food and civil supplies, water conservation, rural
development and Marathi language.
The Sena-BJP-MNS members had boycotted the replies of
ministers yesterday, when the Chair did not give them more
time to speak on the demands of home, power and industries.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today