Mishap averted at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: A major mishap was averted at the
city airport after an Indigo aircraft entered the runway
instead of turning into the taxiway.
The IndiGo aircraft, as per ATC instructions, was
supposed to turn into the taxiway. However, it entered the
runway, a Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL)
statement said today.
"At 9.04 pm yesterday, a Jet Airways flight 9W 616
(Kolkata-Mumbai) while on approach to landing was asked to go
around to allow IndiGo Mumbai-Bangalore flight (6E-415) to
cross the runway at the intersection point," MIAL said.
The IndiGo aircraft, however, had entered the runway
instead of turning into the taxiway and as per the designated
taxiway instruction from ATC, the statement said.
Jet Airways officials were not available for comments
despite repeated attempts to contact them while IndiGo said it
would not comment off-hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly