Mishap averted at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: A major mishap was averted at the
city airport after an Indigo aircraft entered the runway
instead of turning into the taxiway.
The IndiGo aircraft, as per ATC instructions, was
supposed to turn into the taxiway. However, it entered the
runway, a Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL)
statement said today.
"At 9.04 pm yesterday, a Jet Airways flight 9W 616
(Kolkata-Mumbai) while on approach to landing was asked to go
around to allow IndiGo Mumbai-Bangalore flight (6E-415) to
cross the runway at the intersection point," MIAL said.
The IndiGo aircraft, however, had entered the runway
instead of turning into the taxiway and as per the designated
taxiway instruction from ATC, the statement said.
Jet Airways officials were not available for comments
despite repeated attempts to contact them while IndiGo said it
would not comment off-hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption