Missing female IT professional`s burnt body found
Mumbai: Eleven days after a 23-year-old female software engineer, who hailed from Andhra Pradesh, went missing from the city, her burnt body was found on Thursday, police said.
The body of Esther Anuhya, bearing burn injuries, was found in suburban Kanjurmarg.
"The highly decomposed body of Esther Anuhya, who had gone missing from Mumbai, was found at suburban Kanjurmarg," Mahesh Ghuriye, Deputy Police Commissioner told.
The body was identified by her father S Prasad, a retired Professor of Andhra Pradesh University, police said, adding a murder case has been registered.
According to police, Anuhya, employed with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), had boarded the Vishakapatnam-LTT Express train from Vijayawada on January 4 for Mumbai. She was returning to Mumbai after Christmas holidays.
Anuhya`s father spoke to her the same day at about 10 PM when she told him the train had reached Solapur. She promised to call him again after reaching her hostel in suburban Andheri.
However, there was no phone call from the woman and her father, too, could not contact her subsequently. Prasad later contacted her colleagues but there was no trace of his IT professional-daughter.
Her father then lodged a missing person complaint at Vijayawada railway police station on January 5. Later, Prasad came to Mumbai and lodged a similar complaint at the Kurla railway police station on January 8.
Preliminary investigations established the techie went missing after reaching Mumbai, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack