Missing female IT professional`s burnt body found
Mumbai: Eleven days after a 23-year-old female software engineer, who hailed from Andhra Pradesh, went missing from the city, her burnt body was found on Thursday, police said.
The body of Esther Anuhya, bearing burn injuries, was found in suburban Kanjurmarg.
"The highly decomposed body of Esther Anuhya, who had gone missing from Mumbai, was found at suburban Kanjurmarg," Mahesh Ghuriye, Deputy Police Commissioner told.
The body was identified by her father S Prasad, a retired Professor of Andhra Pradesh University, police said, adding a murder case has been registered.
According to police, Anuhya, employed with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), had boarded the Vishakapatnam-LTT Express train from Vijayawada on January 4 for Mumbai. She was returning to Mumbai after Christmas holidays.
Anuhya`s father spoke to her the same day at about 10 PM when she told him the train had reached Solapur. She promised to call him again after reaching her hostel in suburban Andheri.
However, there was no phone call from the woman and her father, too, could not contact her subsequently. Prasad later contacted her colleagues but there was no trace of his IT professional-daughter.
Her father then lodged a missing person complaint at Vijayawada railway police station on January 5. Later, Prasad came to Mumbai and lodged a similar complaint at the Kurla railway police station on January 8.
Preliminary investigations established the techie went missing after reaching Mumbai, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui