Missing former corporator traced in Sindhudurg
Mumbai: A former Shiv Sena corporator missing since Tuesday was traced in Sindhudurg district last night and brought back to Mumbai, the police said today.
"Mukund Padyal, a Shiv Sena functionary in Bhoiwada area, has been brought to Mumbai after he was traced at Uras village of Sindhudurg last night," V Patil, Senior Inspector at Bhoiwada police station, told a news agency.
On Tuesday, Padyal informed his wife that he would be going to visit a friend`s house. Later, he neither called nor picked up his cell phone whenever his wife Mansi contacted, after which she lodged a missing complaint.
"Padyal, a resident of Municipal Labour chawl at Naigaon, told us that he was mentally disturbed after some differences within the party. He also claimed that he was upset over a dispute relating to redevelopment of his residential building," Patil said.
On Tuesday, Padyal left home, went to Kurla area from where he had gone to Shirdi by a bus. From there he had gone to Aurangabad, Kolhapur and then Sindhudurg, the officer added.
"We took the help of a mobile service provider to trace Padyal. As he was carrying his cellphone, we came to know from where he was talking. Subsequently, he was traced in Sindhudurg," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report