Missing former corporator traced in Sindhudurg
Mumbai: A former Shiv Sena corporator missing since Tuesday was traced in Sindhudurg district last night and brought back to Mumbai, the police said today.
"Mukund Padyal, a Shiv Sena functionary in Bhoiwada area, has been brought to Mumbai after he was traced at Uras village of Sindhudurg last night," V Patil, Senior Inspector at Bhoiwada police station, told a news agency.
On Tuesday, Padyal informed his wife that he would be going to visit a friend`s house. Later, he neither called nor picked up his cell phone whenever his wife Mansi contacted, after which she lodged a missing complaint.
"Padyal, a resident of Municipal Labour chawl at Naigaon, told us that he was mentally disturbed after some differences within the party. He also claimed that he was upset over a dispute relating to redevelopment of his residential building," Patil said.
On Tuesday, Padyal left home, went to Kurla area from where he had gone to Shirdi by a bus. From there he had gone to Aurangabad, Kolhapur and then Sindhudurg, the officer added.
"We took the help of a mobile service provider to trace Padyal. As he was carrying his cellphone, we came to know from where he was talking. Subsequently, he was traced in Sindhudurg," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note