Missing girl found buried in agriculture field
Thane: The body of a eight-year-old girl,
who went missing from her house was exhumed from a pit in an
agriculture field in Uplat village , police said on Friday.
The minor, who went missing from the village since
February 20 was found buried in the farm yesterday, after
locals complained of a foul smell emanating from the spot, API
D L Chavan of the Talasari police station said.
The highly decomposed body of the girl, identified as the
daughter of one Lahanu Dumada from the same village, was
exhumed later for autopsy, police said.
The police have registered a case under sections 302 and
201 of the IPC against unknown persons.
Police is still in dark about the accused and the motive
behind the murder and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...