Missing girl found buried in agriculture field
Thane: The body of a eight-year-old girl,
who went missing from her house was exhumed from a pit in an
agriculture field in Uplat village , police said on Friday.
The minor, who went missing from the village since
February 20 was found buried in the farm yesterday, after
locals complained of a foul smell emanating from the spot, API
D L Chavan of the Talasari police station said.
The highly decomposed body of the girl, identified as the
daughter of one Lahanu Dumada from the same village, was
exhumed later for autopsy, police said.
The police have registered a case under sections 302 and
201 of the IPC against unknown persons.
Police is still in dark about the accused and the motive
behind the murder and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket