Missing Nashik engineering student found dead, 4 arrested
Nashik (Maharashtra): City police on Saturday arrested four youths in connection with kidnapping and murder of an engineering student.
The body of Bipin Gulabchand Bafana, resident of Ojhar in the district, was found at village Vinchur-Gavali near here last evening with signs of severe beating and several stabbing injuries.
Senior police inspector of Panchavati police station Bajirao Bhosale said that Chetan Pagare (25) from Ojhar, and Akshay alias Balya Sule (21), Sanjay Pawar (27) and Aman Jat (22), all hailing from Nashik, were produced before the court after the arrest, and remanded in police custody till June 22.
Police were now searching for a girl who allegedly brought Bipin to Panchavati Karanja area from where he was kidnapped, Bhosale said.
Bipin, son of a grain-merchant, went missing on June 8 after his uncle dropped him at his coaching class here.
According to Bhosale, Chetan Pagare, one of the accused who has criminal background, had enmity with Bipin`s elder brother.
After Bipin went missing, his parents had got a call from his mobile phone, demanding ransom of Rs 1 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company