Missing Nashik engineering student found dead, 4 arrested
Nashik (Maharashtra): City police on Saturday arrested four youths in connection with kidnapping and murder of an engineering student.
The body of Bipin Gulabchand Bafana, resident of Ojhar in the district, was found at village Vinchur-Gavali near here last evening with signs of severe beating and several stabbing injuries.
Senior police inspector of Panchavati police station Bajirao Bhosale said that Chetan Pagare (25) from Ojhar, and Akshay alias Balya Sule (21), Sanjay Pawar (27) and Aman Jat (22), all hailing from Nashik, were produced before the court after the arrest, and remanded in police custody till June 22.
Police were now searching for a girl who allegedly brought Bipin to Panchavati Karanja area from where he was kidnapped, Bhosale said.
Bipin, son of a grain-merchant, went missing on June 8 after his uncle dropped him at his coaching class here.
According to Bhosale, Chetan Pagare, one of the accused who has criminal background, had enmity with Bipin`s elder brother.
After Bipin went missing, his parents had got a call from his mobile phone, demanding ransom of Rs 1 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands