Missing Nashik engineering student found dead, 4 arrested
Nashik (Maharashtra): City police on Saturday arrested four youths in connection with kidnapping and murder of an engineering student.
The body of Bipin Gulabchand Bafana, resident of Ojhar in the district, was found at village Vinchur-Gavali near here last evening with signs of severe beating and several stabbing injuries.
Senior police inspector of Panchavati police station Bajirao Bhosale said that Chetan Pagare (25) from Ojhar, and Akshay alias Balya Sule (21), Sanjay Pawar (27) and Aman Jat (22), all hailing from Nashik, were produced before the court after the arrest, and remanded in police custody till June 22.
Police were now searching for a girl who allegedly brought Bipin to Panchavati Karanja area from where he was kidnapped, Bhosale said.
Bipin, son of a grain-merchant, went missing on June 8 after his uncle dropped him at his coaching class here.
According to Bhosale, Chetan Pagare, one of the accused who has criminal background, had enmity with Bipin`s elder brother.
After Bipin went missing, his parents had got a call from his mobile phone, demanding ransom of Rs 1 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees