MLA, supporters booked for ransacking bank office
Beed: Patoda police in Beed district of Maharashtra have registered a case against NCP legislator Suresh Dhas and his supporters for ransacking a branch office of State Bank of Hyderabad and roughing up two staff members.
Dhas, an MLA from Ashti, had gone to the bank`s Patoda branch yesterday with some farmers to follow up the loan applications. The farmers wanted loans for taking out silt in the reservoirs, to be spread in the fields; however the bank had no provision to lend for this purpose, officials said.
Dhas had a heated exchange with the branch manager, and the bank`s security guard allegedly threatened him with his gun.
Following which, Dhas`s supporters ransacked the office, and two staff members were beaten up, police said.
Branch Manager Bansidhar Thigle filed a complaint late last night against Dhas and others for rioting, assault and other relevant offences under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch