MLA, supporters booked for ransacking bank office
Beed: Patoda police in Beed district of Maharashtra have registered a case against NCP legislator Suresh Dhas and his supporters for ransacking a branch office of State Bank of Hyderabad and roughing up two staff members.
Dhas, an MLA from Ashti, had gone to the bank`s Patoda branch yesterday with some farmers to follow up the loan applications. The farmers wanted loans for taking out silt in the reservoirs, to be spread in the fields; however the bank had no provision to lend for this purpose, officials said.
Dhas had a heated exchange with the branch manager, and the bank`s security guard allegedly threatened him with his gun.
Following which, Dhas`s supporters ransacked the office, and two staff members were beaten up, police said.
Branch Manager Bansidhar Thigle filed a complaint late last night against Dhas and others for rioting, assault and other relevant offences under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt
- Air pollution kills six million people every year: Study