MLA, supporters booked for ransacking bank office
Beed: Patoda police in Beed district of Maharashtra have registered a case against NCP legislator Suresh Dhas and his supporters for ransacking a branch office of State Bank of Hyderabad and roughing up two staff members.
Dhas, an MLA from Ashti, had gone to the bank`s Patoda branch yesterday with some farmers to follow up the loan applications. The farmers wanted loans for taking out silt in the reservoirs, to be spread in the fields; however the bank had no provision to lend for this purpose, officials said.
Dhas had a heated exchange with the branch manager, and the bank`s security guard allegedly threatened him with his gun.
Following which, Dhas`s supporters ransacked the office, and two staff members were beaten up, police said.
Branch Manager Bansidhar Thigle filed a complaint late last night against Dhas and others for rioting, assault and other relevant offences under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation