MLA, supporters booked for ransacking bank office
Beed: Patoda police in Beed district of Maharashtra have registered a case against NCP legislator Suresh Dhas and his supporters for ransacking a branch office of State Bank of Hyderabad and roughing up two staff members.
Dhas, an MLA from Ashti, had gone to the bank`s Patoda branch yesterday with some farmers to follow up the loan applications. The farmers wanted loans for taking out silt in the reservoirs, to be spread in the fields; however the bank had no provision to lend for this purpose, officials said.
Dhas had a heated exchange with the branch manager, and the bank`s security guard allegedly threatened him with his gun.
Following which, Dhas`s supporters ransacked the office, and two staff members were beaten up, police said.
Branch Manager Bansidhar Thigle filed a complaint late last night against Dhas and others for rioting, assault and other relevant offences under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days