MLA, supporters booked for ransacking bank office
Beed: Patoda police in Beed district of Maharashtra have registered a case against NCP legislator Suresh Dhas and his supporters for ransacking a branch office of State Bank of Hyderabad and roughing up two staff members.
Dhas, an MLA from Ashti, had gone to the bank`s Patoda branch yesterday with some farmers to follow up the loan applications. The farmers wanted loans for taking out silt in the reservoirs, to be spread in the fields; however the bank had no provision to lend for this purpose, officials said.
Dhas had a heated exchange with the branch manager, and the bank`s security guard allegedly threatened him with his gun.
Following which, Dhas`s supporters ransacked the office, and two staff members were beaten up, police said.
Branch Manager Bansidhar Thigle filed a complaint late last night against Dhas and others for rioting, assault and other relevant offences under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city