MLC Bhai Jagtap calls on Mumbai Crime Branch chief
Mumbai: MLC Bhai Jagtap on Wednesday called on city
Crime Branch chief seeking early detection of a murder case in
which two persons, including the politician`s close aide, was
shot dead by three unidentified persons in south Mumbai in
Crime Branch Chief Himanshu Roy assured Jagtap that the
police were probing the case on a priority basis and would
crack it at the earliest.
Two persons Mohammed Irfan Qureishi (50) and Shakeel
Ibrahim Modak (42), a close aide of MLC Jagtap, were on
February 13 allegedly gunned down by three motorbike-born
persons at Null Bazaar area near J J Hospital in south Mumbai.
Expressing dissatisfaction over the delay in cracking the
case, Jagtap said, "It`s nearly three months since the
incident occurred. It is quite strange that the Crime Branch,
which has solved several big cases, has not been able to reach
to any conclusion in this case."
Describing the two deceased as gentlemen, Jagtap demanded
immediate arrest of culprits involved in the crime.
"Such a heinous crime took place in a crowded area and
police has not been able to identify the accused," said
Jagtap, who was accompanied by over 25 persons, residing in
Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Roy assured that the
police were probing the case in four different angles and
appealed the delegation to share with police any information,
that would help them in solving the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump