MLC`s kin arrested for objectionable remarks against Bhujbal
Nashik: Former chairman of Nashik District Central co-op bank Advay Hiray has been arrested and remanded in police custody till December 2 by a court here for allegedly posting some "objectionable" comments on Facebook against state minister Chaggan Bhujbal.
Advay, brother of MLC Apurva Hiray, was produced before the court yesterday after he was arrested on discharge from Nashik civil hospital, where he was admitted on Thursday night following health problems.
NCP youth leader Vaibhav Devre had lodged a complaint against Advay in city`s Ambad police station for posting "obscene and objectionable" remarks against the District Guardian minister on Facebook, police said on Saturday.
Following this, police had registered a case against Advay under sections 323, 504, IT 66 (A) and 67 (A) of IPC and IT Act, but could not place him under arrest due to hospitalisation.
A cross complaint was also lodged by Advay against four NCP youth activists-- Vaibhav Devre, Dhiraj Magar, Mukesh shevale and Amol Naik -- for allegedly ransacking his office in Pawan Nagar locality and damaging his car on Thursday over the FB post.
The activists were arrested and remanded in four-day police custody yesterday.
Advay`s brother Apurva is a MLC from Nashik division teachers` constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter