MLC`s kin arrested for objectionable remarks against Bhujbal
Nashik: Former chairman of Nashik District Central co-op bank Advay Hiray has been arrested and remanded in police custody till December 2 by a court here for allegedly posting some "objectionable" comments on Facebook against state minister Chaggan Bhujbal.
Advay, brother of MLC Apurva Hiray, was produced before the court yesterday after he was arrested on discharge from Nashik civil hospital, where he was admitted on Thursday night following health problems.
NCP youth leader Vaibhav Devre had lodged a complaint against Advay in city`s Ambad police station for posting "obscene and objectionable" remarks against the District Guardian minister on Facebook, police said on Saturday.
Following this, police had registered a case against Advay under sections 323, 504, IT 66 (A) and 67 (A) of IPC and IT Act, but could not place him under arrest due to hospitalisation.
A cross complaint was also lodged by Advay against four NCP youth activists-- Vaibhav Devre, Dhiraj Magar, Mukesh shevale and Amol Naik -- for allegedly ransacking his office in Pawan Nagar locality and damaging his car on Thursday over the FB post.
The activists were arrested and remanded in four-day police custody yesterday.
Advay`s brother Apurva is a MLC from Nashik division teachers` constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH