MNS corporator slaps contractor over water shortage
Kalyan: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) corporator repeatedly slapped a 65-year-old private contractor over the alleged `delay` in repairing a damaged water pipeline.
The footage of the assault, which was telecast by news channels here yesterday, showed MNS corporator Nitin Nikam repeatedly hitting D G Patil over water shortage in Ganeshwadi locality in full public view.
Patil is a private contractor in the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) in neighbouring Thane district.
According to reports, Nikam had summoned Patil following complaints about delays in water pipeline repair work in the area that caused water scarcity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad