MNS corporator slaps contractor over water shortage
Kalyan: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) corporator repeatedly slapped a 65-year-old private contractor over the alleged `delay` in repairing a damaged water pipeline.
The footage of the assault, which was telecast by news channels here yesterday, showed MNS corporator Nitin Nikam repeatedly hitting D G Patil over water shortage in Ganeshwadi locality in full public view.
Patil is a private contractor in the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) in neighbouring Thane district.
According to reports, Nikam had summoned Patil following complaints about delays in water pipeline repair work in the area that caused water scarcity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef