MNS corporator slaps contractor over water shortage
Kalyan: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) corporator repeatedly slapped a 65-year-old private contractor over the alleged `delay` in repairing a damaged water pipeline.
The footage of the assault, which was telecast by news channels here yesterday, showed MNS corporator Nitin Nikam repeatedly hitting D G Patil over water shortage in Ganeshwadi locality in full public view.
Patil is a private contractor in the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) in neighbouring Thane district.
According to reports, Nikam had summoned Patil following complaints about delays in water pipeline repair work in the area that caused water scarcity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video