MNS corporator`s kin arrested on charges of attempt to murder
Mumbai: The brother-in-law of a Maharashtra
Navnirman Sena (MNS) corporator has been arrested for
allegedly trying to eliminate the latter`s former driver in
suburban Chembur, police said.
The accused identified as Ram Sonawane was arrested late
last night and was remanded to police custody till March 30,
The police have also charged the corporator Parmeshwar
Kadam, representing Ghatkopar area, with attempt to murder as
the victim Sachin Gaikwad alleged that the accused tried to
kill him at behest of Kadam, who flatly denied the charge and
sought detailed inquiry into the matter.
According to police, victim Gaikwad and accused Sonawane
had a scuffle following heated argument near a beer bar last
night when a police patrolling team nabbed the duo.
"Sonawane was wielding a revolver. We seized the revolver
and four bullets. Based on the complaint given by victim, we
arrested Sonawane on charges of attempt to murder," said R
Gavit, Senior Inspector at Tilak Nagar police station.
As the victim alleged that Sonawane was sent by Kadam,
they named the MNS corporator as wanted accused, said Gavit.
Senior Inspector Gavit said, "Sonawane told us that
Gaikwad was maligning the image of Kadam and his family.
That`s why he wanted to teach Gaikwad a lesson and went with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice