MNS criticises Pak judicial panel`s Mumbai visit
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena on Monday
registered its protest against the access granted to the
Pakistani Judicial Commission to record statements of four key
witnesses in the 26/11 terror attacks case.
"Eight persons have been arrested in Pakistan in
connection with the terror attacks, but Pakistan denied
permission to Indian authorities to probe them," MNS leader
Bala Nandgaonkar said in the Legislative Assembly.
"However, we accorded a red carpet welcome to the
Pakistani judicial panel," he said.
Nandgaonkar said the delegation did not even bother to
meet the injured or families of victims during their visit.
MNS members including MLA Bala Nandgaokar on Saturday
held demonstrations against the eight-member panel outside
Marine Plaza hotel.
"We had gone to their hotel to submit a memorandum to
this effect last week but we were arrested," he added.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil did not allow discussion on
the matter since it is sub-judice.
The judicial panel on Saturday concluded proceedings
before a local court by taking down versions of investigating
officer and two doctors who had done the autopsies of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Venus clouds may reveal underlying secrets
- Bollywood actors vs MPs charity match: Baba Ramdev steals the show - See Pics
- Sensex zooms by over 292 points to recapture 28,000-mark; Nifty above 8,600-level
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!