MNS criticises Pak judicial panel`s Mumbai visit
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena on Monday
registered its protest against the access granted to the
Pakistani Judicial Commission to record statements of four key
witnesses in the 26/11 terror attacks case.
"Eight persons have been arrested in Pakistan in
connection with the terror attacks, but Pakistan denied
permission to Indian authorities to probe them," MNS leader
Bala Nandgaonkar said in the Legislative Assembly.
"However, we accorded a red carpet welcome to the
Pakistani judicial panel," he said.
Nandgaonkar said the delegation did not even bother to
meet the injured or families of victims during their visit.
MNS members including MLA Bala Nandgaokar on Saturday
held demonstrations against the eight-member panel outside
Marine Plaza hotel.
"We had gone to their hotel to submit a memorandum to
this effect last week but we were arrested," he added.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil did not allow discussion on
the matter since it is sub-judice.
The judicial panel on Saturday concluded proceedings
before a local court by taking down versions of investigating
officer and two doctors who had done the autopsies of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family