MNS defends attack on Indiabulls` Amravati office
Amravati: A day after damaging property belonging to Indiabulls` office in Mumbai, alleged Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers on Monday attacked the company`s office in Amravati district of Maharashtra.
"A group of 20-25 youths, shouting slogans hailing MNS, stormed the Indiabulls` office at Camp area around 12 PM and damaged the windowpanes and a glass door," a company spokesman told a news agency.
He said some employees of the company present inside the office at the time of the attack, along with security guards, foiled the bid of the vandals to force their way inside.
An FIR has been registered with Gadgenagar police station in this connection, the spokesman said, adding no CCTV cameras are installed in the premises.
Police are recording the statements of the staff present in the office at the time of the attack.
The attacks came in the wake of the MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s criticism of the Maharashtra government for diverting drinking and irrigation water needed by drought-hit farmers to the Indiabulls power plant.
Speaking at a rally in Amravati, he had also said: "There will be severe consequences if projects like that of Indiabulls Pvt Ltd, which require diversion of water, aren`t stopped immediately."
Amravati is among several districts of Maharashtra reeling under severe drought.
Also, the Mumbai police have reportedly arrested two MNS activists in Indiabulls` Mumbai office attack case.
On Sunday evening, around 15 unidentified persons had pelted stones on the office of Indiabulls Finance Centre in Central Mumbai. According to a report, the vandals have been identified as MNS workers.
Meanwhile, security at Indiabulls` office at its Sophia Power Plant, located in MIDC area near Nandgaonpeth, has been tightened.
The Bombay High Court had recently rejected an application by Vidarbha`s farmers to recall its March 02 order wherein it had upheld allocation of 87.6 million cubic metres of water annually to Indiabulls` thermal power
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter