MNS defends attack on Indiabulls` Amravati office
Amravati: A day after damaging property belonging to Indiabulls` office in Mumbai, alleged Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers on Monday attacked the company`s office in Amravati district of Maharashtra.
"A group of 20-25 youths, shouting slogans hailing MNS, stormed the Indiabulls` office at Camp area around 12 PM and damaged the windowpanes and a glass door," a company spokesman told a news agency.
He said some employees of the company present inside the office at the time of the attack, along with security guards, foiled the bid of the vandals to force their way inside.
An FIR has been registered with Gadgenagar police station in this connection, the spokesman said, adding no CCTV cameras are installed in the premises.
Police are recording the statements of the staff present in the office at the time of the attack.
The attacks came in the wake of the MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s criticism of the Maharashtra government for diverting drinking and irrigation water needed by drought-hit farmers to the Indiabulls power plant.
Speaking at a rally in Amravati, he had also said: "There will be severe consequences if projects like that of Indiabulls Pvt Ltd, which require diversion of water, aren`t stopped immediately."
Amravati is among several districts of Maharashtra reeling under severe drought.
Also, the Mumbai police have reportedly arrested two MNS activists in Indiabulls` Mumbai office attack case.
On Sunday evening, around 15 unidentified persons had pelted stones on the office of Indiabulls Finance Centre in Central Mumbai. According to a report, the vandals have been identified as MNS workers.
Meanwhile, security at Indiabulls` office at its Sophia Power Plant, located in MIDC area near Nandgaonpeth, has been tightened.
The Bombay High Court had recently rejected an application by Vidarbha`s farmers to recall its March 02 order wherein it had upheld allocation of 87.6 million cubic metres of water annually to Indiabulls` thermal power
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package