MNS demands police protection for actor Nana Patekar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has demanded police protection for Nana Patekar, apprehending a possible threat to the life of the actor who portrays a police officer in the Bollywood film "The Attacks of 26/11".
"Nana Patekar is an asset to the country. He is a brilliant actor and the role played by him in the movie based on the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai is worth appreciating. Therefore, we demand that protection be provided to him," MNS MLA Ram Kadam told PTI.
He said terror organisations may dislike Patekar`s role in the movie and therefore the MNS perceives a threat to his life.
"I have demanded police protection to Patekar from Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh and state Home Minister R R Patil," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!