MNS demands police protection for actor Nana Patekar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has demanded police protection for Nana Patekar, apprehending a possible threat to the life of the actor who portrays a police officer in the Bollywood film "The Attacks of 26/11".
"Nana Patekar is an asset to the country. He is a brilliant actor and the role played by him in the movie based on the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai is worth appreciating. Therefore, we demand that protection be provided to him," MNS MLA Ram Kadam told PTI.
He said terror organisations may dislike Patekar`s role in the movie and therefore the MNS perceives a threat to his life.
"I have demanded police protection to Patekar from Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh and state Home Minister R R Patil," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail