MNS demands police protection for actor Nana Patekar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has demanded police protection for Nana Patekar, apprehending a possible threat to the life of the actor who portrays a police officer in the Bollywood film "The Attacks of 26/11".
"Nana Patekar is an asset to the country. He is a brilliant actor and the role played by him in the movie based on the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai is worth appreciating. Therefore, we demand that protection be provided to him," MNS MLA Ram Kadam told PTI.
He said terror organisations may dislike Patekar`s role in the movie and therefore the MNS perceives a threat to his life.
"I have demanded police protection to Patekar from Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh and state Home Minister R R Patil," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?