MNS fields ex-Uddhav Thackeray man against Shiv Sena candidate in Thane
Mumbai: The Raj Thackeray-led MNS on Saturday announced that it is fielding former Shiv Sena man Abhijit Panse from Thane Lok Sabha constituency, where he would be taking on Sena candidate Rajan Vichare.
MNS also declared candidature of Suresh Mhatre from Bhiwandi Lok Sabha constituency where he would be pitted against BJP candidate.
Panse is former head of the Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Sena (BVS), the Shiv Sena`s student wing. He played a key role in the launch of the Aditya Thackeray-led Yuva Sena and was at the forefront of the protest against Rohinton Mistry`s novel `Such a Long Journey`.
While Panse will be battling Vichare in Thane, the BJP has so far not announced its nominee from Bhiwandi.
The MNS move drew strong criticism from Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, who claimed that the Raj Thackeray party, by declaring support to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, are using Modi`s "mask" to garner votes.
"Earlier, they (MNS) tried to use late Balasaheb Thackeray`s photo but after a warning from him, they stopped. Now, they are using Modi`s mask to get votes," the Sena leader told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?