MNS-led MSRTC employees union rally disrupts bus services
Mumbai: Bus services of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) were affected as thousands of its employees went on a day`s mass leave to attend a rally organised by the MSRTC employees` union led by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) here on Friday.
Thousands of union members participated in a morcha from Mumbai Central to Azad Maidan.
Of the 5,600 employees in Pune division, over 1,600 in MSRTC`s Pune division, including drivers, conductors, mechanics and clerical staff applied for leave.
In Nashik, more than 1500 MSRTC employees affiliated to the MNS Kamgar Sena applied for leave.
"MSRTC employees get a meagre pay package. Their demands include increase in wages and better facilities at mid-journey stops. They don`t want the present contractual employment. They want to be in permanent service," the union said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery