MNS-led MSRTC employees union rally disrupts bus services
Mumbai: Bus services of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) were affected as thousands of its employees went on a day`s mass leave to attend a rally organised by the MSRTC employees` union led by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) here on Friday.
Thousands of union members participated in a morcha from Mumbai Central to Azad Maidan.
Of the 5,600 employees in Pune division, over 1,600 in MSRTC`s Pune division, including drivers, conductors, mechanics and clerical staff applied for leave.
In Nashik, more than 1500 MSRTC employees affiliated to the MNS Kamgar Sena applied for leave.
"MSRTC employees get a meagre pay package. Their demands include increase in wages and better facilities at mid-journey stops. They don`t want the present contractual employment. They want to be in permanent service," the union said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested