MNS-led MSRTC employees union rally disrupts bus services
Mumbai: Bus services of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) were affected as thousands of its employees went on a day`s mass leave to attend a rally organised by the MSRTC employees` union led by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) here on Friday.
Thousands of union members participated in a morcha from Mumbai Central to Azad Maidan.
Of the 5,600 employees in Pune division, over 1,600 in MSRTC`s Pune division, including drivers, conductors, mechanics and clerical staff applied for leave.
In Nashik, more than 1500 MSRTC employees affiliated to the MNS Kamgar Sena applied for leave.
"MSRTC employees get a meagre pay package. Their demands include increase in wages and better facilities at mid-journey stops. They don`t want the present contractual employment. They want to be in permanent service," the union said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state