MNS legislator booked for `threatening` Sena leader
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) MLA Ram Kadam has been booked for allegedly threatening a local Shiv Sena leader, police said on Wednesday.
Kadam had allegedly called up Sudhir More (52), a senior Sena leader in suburban Ghatkopar, on Tuesday night and warned him of dire consequences if he did not stop his "smear" campaign against the former ahead of the Assembly polls, they said.
Senior Police Inspector Rajaram Vhanmane said a case under IPC Section 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) has been registered against the MLA from Ghatkopar constituency on a complaint lodged by More.
More, who claimed to be a probable candidate against Kadam in the Assembly election, said the legislator called on phone and asked him to stop running what he termed a "smear" campaign against him in the constituency or face consequences, police said.
More approached police and an FIR has been lodged against Kadam, Vhanmane said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign