MNS legislator booked for `threatening` Sena leader
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) MLA Ram Kadam has been booked for allegedly threatening a local Shiv Sena leader, police said on Wednesday.
Kadam had allegedly called up Sudhir More (52), a senior Sena leader in suburban Ghatkopar, on Tuesday night and warned him of dire consequences if he did not stop his "smear" campaign against the former ahead of the Assembly polls, they said.
Senior Police Inspector Rajaram Vhanmane said a case under IPC Section 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) has been registered against the MLA from Ghatkopar constituency on a complaint lodged by More.
More, who claimed to be a probable candidate against Kadam in the Assembly election, said the legislator called on phone and asked him to stop running what he termed a "smear" campaign against him in the constituency or face consequences, police said.
More approached police and an FIR has been lodged against Kadam, Vhanmane said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says