MNS legislator takes oath after his suspension relaxed
Nagpur: The ruling alliance in Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly on Wednesday moved a resolution in the House to
relax the suspension of MNS member Shishir Shinde, a move that
allowed him to take oath as an MLA.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan Patil, moving
the resolution in the lower House, said the state Assembly by
a unanimously resolution on November 9 had suspended the
membership of Shinde for four years from November 20 onwards,
thereby imposing a ban on his entry into premises of Vidhan
Bhawan in Mumbai and Nagpur.
Shinde, before being suspended, had not taken oath as
member of the House. He and MNS group leader Bala Nandgaonkar
had earlier requested the Speaker to allow him take oath, by
quoting provisions of the Constitution and the Maharashtra
As per the Maharashtra Assembly rule 16, all new members
should take oath as per the laid down procedure.
Therefore, as per Constitutional requirement, the
Assembly passed a resolution and relaxed Shinde`s suspension
to allow him take oath in Speaker`s chamber. The suspension
will, however, continue as per the decision of the state
Assembly on Nov 9.
Shinde was later administered the oath in the chamber of
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal