MNS legislator takes oath after his suspension relaxed
Nagpur: The ruling alliance in Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly on Wednesday moved a resolution in the House to
relax the suspension of MNS member Shishir Shinde, a move that
allowed him to take oath as an MLA.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Harshwardhan Patil, moving
the resolution in the lower House, said the state Assembly by
a unanimously resolution on November 9 had suspended the
membership of Shinde for four years from November 20 onwards,
thereby imposing a ban on his entry into premises of Vidhan
Bhawan in Mumbai and Nagpur.
Shinde, before being suspended, had not taken oath as
member of the House. He and MNS group leader Bala Nandgaonkar
had earlier requested the Speaker to allow him take oath, by
quoting provisions of the Constitution and the Maharashtra
As per the Maharashtra Assembly rule 16, all new members
should take oath as per the laid down procedure.
Therefore, as per Constitutional requirement, the
Assembly passed a resolution and relaxed Shinde`s suspension
to allow him take oath in Speaker`s chamber. The suspension
will, however, continue as per the decision of the state
Assembly on Nov 9.
Shinde was later administered the oath in the chamber of
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!