MNS protest disrupts traffic on Western Express Highway
Mumbai: Office goers and students were affected due to the blockade of traffic movement at Kherwadi junction by the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers in protest against the poor management of traffic rules.
The workers of the outfit held a demonstration before the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in suburban Bandra after which they blocked the traffic movement.
The MNS agitation also affected several people going to the airport to catch their flights.
Long queues of vehicles stretching as long as four kilometres were seen on the Western Express Highway with commuters waiting for the traffic jam to be cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says