MNS protest disrupts traffic on Western Express Highway
Mumbai: Office goers and students were affected due to the blockade of traffic movement at Kherwadi junction by the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers in protest against the poor management of traffic rules.
The workers of the outfit held a demonstration before the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in suburban Bandra after which they blocked the traffic movement.
The MNS agitation also affected several people going to the airport to catch their flights.
Long queues of vehicles stretching as long as four kilometres were seen on the Western Express Highway with commuters waiting for the traffic jam to be cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!