MNS protest disrupts traffic on Western Express Highway
Mumbai: Office goers and students were affected due to the blockade of traffic movement at Kherwadi junction by the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers in protest against the poor management of traffic rules.
The workers of the outfit held a demonstration before the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in suburban Bandra after which they blocked the traffic movement.
The MNS agitation also affected several people going to the airport to catch their flights.
Long queues of vehicles stretching as long as four kilometres were seen on the Western Express Highway with commuters waiting for the traffic jam to be cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port