MNS protest disrupts traffic on Western Express Highway
Mumbai: Office goers and students were affected due to the blockade of traffic movement at Kherwadi junction by the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers in protest against the poor management of traffic rules.
The workers of the outfit held a demonstration before the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in suburban Bandra after which they blocked the traffic movement.
The MNS agitation also affected several people going to the airport to catch their flights.
Long queues of vehicles stretching as long as four kilometres were seen on the Western Express Highway with commuters waiting for the traffic jam to be cleared.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'