MNS ransacks Censor Board office
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers on Monday ransacked the Censor Board branch office in south Mumbai claiming it has no Marathi member on its board, police said.
At least 10 members of the party ransacked the Central Board of Film Certification office located in Bharat Bhavan on Walkeshwar Road this afternoon, raising slogans against it, they said.
Computers, window-panes and other articles in the office were damaged, they said, adding that an FIR has been registered against the accused, who are wanted in the case.
Justifying the action, MNS president Raj Thackeray said, "In the month of June, we had submitted a letter to the Censor Board, requesting them to include artists from Marathi
film and theatre on its board within a fortnight.
"However, the Censor Board said that Marathi artists would not be appointed in the next 15 years, let alone in 15 days. They will do whatever they want and should we quietly tolerate this?"
He demanded that artists from Bengali and Tamil film industry should also be appointed on the Censor Board.
"Otherwise it makes no sense to apply censorship," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH