MNS takes out morcha, demands death penalty for rapist
Thane: Hundreds of irate citizens from Thane under the banner of Raj Thackeray’s Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) on Saturday took out a protest morcha to the office of the District Collector and Police commissioner to demand death sentence for the vendor who allegedly raped a three year old girl on Wednesday.
The police arrested the accused Mohan Chotu Singh, a local vendor who had allegedly wooed the kid under the pretext of giving her a chocolate, took her to an isolated locality and raped her.
The Shiv Sena activists had organised protests that day itself and targeted the carts of the vendors near the Thane Railway Station.
The MNS took out a morcha today and submitted memorandum to the District Collector and Police commissioner demanding death for the rapist and also sought the case to be conducted in a fast track court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!