MNS takes out morcha, demands death penalty for rapist
Thane: Hundreds of irate citizens from Thane under the banner of Raj Thackeray’s Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) on Saturday took out a protest morcha to the office of the District Collector and Police commissioner to demand death sentence for the vendor who allegedly raped a three year old girl on Wednesday.
The police arrested the accused Mohan Chotu Singh, a local vendor who had allegedly wooed the kid under the pretext of giving her a chocolate, took her to an isolated locality and raped her.
The Shiv Sena activists had organised protests that day itself and targeted the carts of the vendors near the Thane Railway Station.
The MNS took out a morcha today and submitted memorandum to the District Collector and Police commissioner demanding death for the rapist and also sought the case to be conducted in a fast track court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail
- Modi govt more active on grievance mails: Know how it is helping in improving govt schemes
- Uttarakhand forest fire spreads, timber mafia's involvement suspected