`MNS told SBI to recruit only Maha domiciled candidates`
New Delhi: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
(MNS) had asked State Bank of India to recruit only
Maharashtra domiciled candidates as clerical staff in the
bank`s state branches, Parliament was informed on Friday.
"SBI has reported that MNS had submitted a representation
asking the bank for recruitment of clerical staff in
Maharashtra from state domiciled candidates only," Minister of
State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply
in Lok Sabha.
He said following the representation, the bank had taken
up the issue with state law enforcing agencies requesting them
to make adequate arrangement so that examinations could be
The Union Government on its part, Meena said, had taken up
the issue with the state and requested the Home and Cabinet
secretaries to take necessary steps.
Written examinations were held on November 8, 15 and 22
smoothly, the MoS Finance informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow