`MNS told SBI to recruit only Maha domiciled candidates`
New Delhi: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
(MNS) had asked State Bank of India to recruit only
Maharashtra domiciled candidates as clerical staff in the
bank`s state branches, Parliament was informed on Friday.
"SBI has reported that MNS had submitted a representation
asking the bank for recruitment of clerical staff in
Maharashtra from state domiciled candidates only," Minister of
State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply
in Lok Sabha.
He said following the representation, the bank had taken
up the issue with state law enforcing agencies requesting them
to make adequate arrangement so that examinations could be
The Union Government on its part, Meena said, had taken up
the issue with the state and requested the Home and Cabinet
secretaries to take necessary steps.
Written examinations were held on November 8, 15 and 22
smoothly, the MoS Finance informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof