`MNS told SBI to recruit only Maha domiciled candidates`
New Delhi: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
(MNS) had asked State Bank of India to recruit only
Maharashtra domiciled candidates as clerical staff in the
bank`s state branches, Parliament was informed on Friday.
"SBI has reported that MNS had submitted a representation
asking the bank for recruitment of clerical staff in
Maharashtra from state domiciled candidates only," Minister of
State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply
in Lok Sabha.
He said following the representation, the bank had taken
up the issue with state law enforcing agencies requesting them
to make adequate arrangement so that examinations could be
The Union Government on its part, Meena said, had taken up
the issue with the state and requested the Home and Cabinet
secretaries to take necessary steps.
Written examinations were held on November 8, 15 and 22
smoothly, the MoS Finance informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested