`MNS told SBI to recruit only Maha domiciled candidates`
New Delhi: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
(MNS) had asked State Bank of India to recruit only
Maharashtra domiciled candidates as clerical staff in the
bank`s state branches, Parliament was informed on Friday.
"SBI has reported that MNS had submitted a representation
asking the bank for recruitment of clerical staff in
Maharashtra from state domiciled candidates only," Minister of
State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply
in Lok Sabha.
He said following the representation, the bank had taken
up the issue with state law enforcing agencies requesting them
to make adequate arrangement so that examinations could be
The Union Government on its part, Meena said, had taken up
the issue with the state and requested the Home and Cabinet
secretaries to take necessary steps.
Written examinations were held on November 8, 15 and 22
smoothly, the MoS Finance informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic