`MNS told SBI to recruit only Maha domiciled candidates`
New Delhi: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
(MNS) had asked State Bank of India to recruit only
Maharashtra domiciled candidates as clerical staff in the
bank`s state branches, Parliament was informed on Friday.
"SBI has reported that MNS had submitted a representation
asking the bank for recruitment of clerical staff in
Maharashtra from state domiciled candidates only," Minister of
State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply
in Lok Sabha.
He said following the representation, the bank had taken
up the issue with state law enforcing agencies requesting them
to make adequate arrangement so that examinations could be
The Union Government on its part, Meena said, had taken up
the issue with the state and requested the Home and Cabinet
secretaries to take necessary steps.
Written examinations were held on November 8, 15 and 22
smoothly, the MoS Finance informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred