MNS wants `criminal inquiry` into irrigation scam
Mumbai: Dismissing the probe by special investigation team into the irrigation scam, ordered by the Maharashtra Government, Raj Thackeray-led MNS on Friday demanded for "criminal inquiry".
A delegation of MNS MLAs today met Governor K Sankaranarayanan to put forth the demand.
The irrigation department of the state is facing allegations of wide-spread corruption in its projects.
"We demand a criminal inquiry....A three-member committee comprising (ecologist) Madhavrao Chitale, a retired High Court judge and a senior IAS officer from Finance Department should be there in the inquiry committee," said MNS group leader in the Legislative Assembly Bala Nandgaonkar here.
SIT probe should not turn out to be a farce, he said demanding that inquiry should go as far back as 12 years, and should be over within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says