MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes
Mumbai: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)-affiliated body Monday warned multiplexes to screen Marathi films during prime time slots or face the music.
The Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) made the demand to multiplex associations.
"A Marathi film, `Bharatiya`, is set to release Friday alongside `Ek Tha Tiger`. But `Bharatiya` did not get required slots but the latter is being given more than required attention," MNCKS president Amey Khopkar said.
"Our demand: screen Marathi films at prime time. If this demand is not met, we will launch an agitation," he added.
MNCKS works on issues linked to the Marathi film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...