MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes
Mumbai: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)-affiliated body Monday warned multiplexes to screen Marathi films during prime time slots or face the music.
The Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) made the demand to multiplex associations.
"A Marathi film, `Bharatiya`, is set to release Friday alongside `Ek Tha Tiger`. But `Bharatiya` did not get required slots but the latter is being given more than required attention," MNCKS president Amey Khopkar said.
"Our demand: screen Marathi films at prime time. If this demand is not met, we will launch an agitation," he added.
MNCKS works on issues linked to the Marathi film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!