MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes
Mumbai: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)-affiliated body Monday warned multiplexes to screen Marathi films during prime time slots or face the music.
The Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) made the demand to multiplex associations.
"A Marathi film, `Bharatiya`, is set to release Friday alongside `Ek Tha Tiger`. But `Bharatiya` did not get required slots but the latter is being given more than required attention," MNCKS president Amey Khopkar said.
"Our demand: screen Marathi films at prime time. If this demand is not met, we will launch an agitation," he added.
MNCKS works on issues linked to the Marathi film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners