MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes
Mumbai: A Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)-affiliated body Monday warned multiplexes to screen Marathi films during prime time slots or face the music.
The Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) made the demand to multiplex associations.
"A Marathi film, `Bharatiya`, is set to release Friday alongside `Ek Tha Tiger`. But `Bharatiya` did not get required slots but the latter is being given more than required attention," MNCKS president Amey Khopkar said.
"Our demand: screen Marathi films at prime time. If this demand is not met, we will launch an agitation," he added.
MNCKS works on issues linked to the Marathi film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’