MNS wins Trimbakeshwar Council polls
Nashik: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has made its entry into Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council by capturing six seats and emerging as the single largest party after the elections held there on November 4.
Now MNS requires support of two independents to take over the council in the holy town of Trimbakeshwar.
Significantly, MNS had won 40 seats in the recently held Nashik Municipal Corporation elections.
In the 17-seat Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council, the ruling BJP received a jolt as it managed to win only one seat. The final party position is - MNS 6, NCP 4, Congress 3, Ind 2, Shiv Sena and BJP 1 each.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena has retained power in tribal dominated Igatpuri Municipal Council by winning 11 seats in the 19 member council.
NCP stood second by winning eight seats, while the ruling Congress party failed to win any seat in Igatpuri polls, also held on November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?