MNS wins Trimbakeshwar Council polls
Nashik: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has made its entry into Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council by capturing six seats and emerging as the single largest party after the elections held there on November 4.
Now MNS requires support of two independents to take over the council in the holy town of Trimbakeshwar.
Significantly, MNS had won 40 seats in the recently held Nashik Municipal Corporation elections.
In the 17-seat Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council, the ruling BJP received a jolt as it managed to win only one seat. The final party position is - MNS 6, NCP 4, Congress 3, Ind 2, Shiv Sena and BJP 1 each.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena has retained power in tribal dominated Igatpuri Municipal Council by winning 11 seats in the 19 member council.
NCP stood second by winning eight seats, while the ruling Congress party failed to win any seat in Igatpuri polls, also held on November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...