MNS wins Trimbakeshwar Council polls
Nashik: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has made its entry into Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council by capturing six seats and emerging as the single largest party after the elections held there on November 4.
Now MNS requires support of two independents to take over the council in the holy town of Trimbakeshwar.
Significantly, MNS had won 40 seats in the recently held Nashik Municipal Corporation elections.
In the 17-seat Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council, the ruling BJP received a jolt as it managed to win only one seat. The final party position is - MNS 6, NCP 4, Congress 3, Ind 2, Shiv Sena and BJP 1 each.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena has retained power in tribal dominated Igatpuri Municipal Council by winning 11 seats in the 19 member council.
NCP stood second by winning eight seats, while the ruling Congress party failed to win any seat in Igatpuri polls, also held on November 4.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India