MNS wins Trimbakeshwar Council polls
Nashik: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has made its entry into Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council by capturing six seats and emerging as the single largest party after the elections held there on November 4.
Now MNS requires support of two independents to take over the council in the holy town of Trimbakeshwar.
Significantly, MNS had won 40 seats in the recently held Nashik Municipal Corporation elections.
In the 17-seat Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council, the ruling BJP received a jolt as it managed to win only one seat. The final party position is - MNS 6, NCP 4, Congress 3, Ind 2, Shiv Sena and BJP 1 each.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena has retained power in tribal dominated Igatpuri Municipal Council by winning 11 seats in the 19 member council.
NCP stood second by winning eight seats, while the ruling Congress party failed to win any seat in Igatpuri polls, also held on November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state