MNS wins Trimbakeshwar Council polls
Nashik: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has made its entry into Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council by capturing six seats and emerging as the single largest party after the elections held there on November 4.
Now MNS requires support of two independents to take over the council in the holy town of Trimbakeshwar.
Significantly, MNS had won 40 seats in the recently held Nashik Municipal Corporation elections.
In the 17-seat Trimbakeshwar Municipal Council, the ruling BJP received a jolt as it managed to win only one seat. The final party position is - MNS 6, NCP 4, Congress 3, Ind 2, Shiv Sena and BJP 1 each.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena has retained power in tribal dominated Igatpuri Municipal Council by winning 11 seats in the 19 member council.
NCP stood second by winning eight seats, while the ruling Congress party failed to win any seat in Igatpuri polls, also held on November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert