MNS withdraws support to Shiv Sena in Ambernath council
Mumbai: MNS has withdrawn support to the Shiv Sena-held Ambernath Muncipal Council and has joined hands with Congress-NCP.
With the six member MNS group withdrawing support to the Sena, the saffron tally in the 50-member House has come down to 24, while the Congress-NCP-RPI tally has risen to 26.
NCP sources said MNS will support the Cong-NCP combine for the elections of the heads of various sub-committees in the local body on May 25.
Ambernath was the first alliance of Sena and MNS in 2010 after Raj Thackeray broke away from the parent party.
With MNS giving support to the Sena for the municipal council president, Sena had managed to defeat the Congress nominee despite the Congress-NCP-RPI alliance was in a majority.
MNS and six independents had supported the Sena-BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31