MNS withdraws support to Shiv Sena in Ambernath council
Mumbai: MNS has withdrawn support to the Shiv Sena-held Ambernath Muncipal Council and has joined hands with Congress-NCP.
With the six member MNS group withdrawing support to the Sena, the saffron tally in the 50-member House has come down to 24, while the Congress-NCP-RPI tally has risen to 26.
NCP sources said MNS will support the Cong-NCP combine for the elections of the heads of various sub-committees in the local body on May 25.
Ambernath was the first alliance of Sena and MNS in 2010 after Raj Thackeray broke away from the parent party.
With MNS giving support to the Sena for the municipal council president, Sena had managed to defeat the Congress nominee despite the Congress-NCP-RPI alliance was in a majority.
MNS and six independents had supported the Sena-BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui