MNS withdraws support to Shiv Sena in Ambernath council
Mumbai: MNS has withdrawn support to the Shiv Sena-held Ambernath Muncipal Council and has joined hands with Congress-NCP.
With the six member MNS group withdrawing support to the Sena, the saffron tally in the 50-member House has come down to 24, while the Congress-NCP-RPI tally has risen to 26.
NCP sources said MNS will support the Cong-NCP combine for the elections of the heads of various sub-committees in the local body on May 25.
Ambernath was the first alliance of Sena and MNS in 2010 after Raj Thackeray broke away from the parent party.
With MNS giving support to the Sena for the municipal council president, Sena had managed to defeat the Congress nominee despite the Congress-NCP-RPI alliance was in a majority.
MNS and six independents had supported the Sena-BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH