MNS withdraws support to Shiv Sena in Ambernath council
Mumbai: MNS has withdrawn support to the Shiv Sena-held Ambernath Muncipal Council and has joined hands with Congress-NCP.
With the six member MNS group withdrawing support to the Sena, the saffron tally in the 50-member House has come down to 24, while the Congress-NCP-RPI tally has risen to 26.
NCP sources said MNS will support the Cong-NCP combine for the elections of the heads of various sub-committees in the local body on May 25.
Ambernath was the first alliance of Sena and MNS in 2010 after Raj Thackeray broke away from the parent party.
With MNS giving support to the Sena for the municipal council president, Sena had managed to defeat the Congress nominee despite the Congress-NCP-RPI alliance was in a majority.
MNS and six independents had supported the Sena-BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan