MNS withdraws support to Shiv Sena in Ambernath council
Mumbai: MNS has withdrawn support to the Shiv Sena-held Ambernath Muncipal Council and has joined hands with Congress-NCP.
With the six member MNS group withdrawing support to the Sena, the saffron tally in the 50-member House has come down to 24, while the Congress-NCP-RPI tally has risen to 26.
NCP sources said MNS will support the Cong-NCP combine for the elections of the heads of various sub-committees in the local body on May 25.
Ambernath was the first alliance of Sena and MNS in 2010 after Raj Thackeray broke away from the parent party.
With MNS giving support to the Sena for the municipal council president, Sena had managed to defeat the Congress nominee despite the Congress-NCP-RPI alliance was in a majority.
MNS and six independents had supported the Sena-BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America