Mock drill at Mumbai airport to test preparedness
Mumbai: A multi-agency mock drill was conducted on Sunday at the domestic airport here to assess the preparedness of security personnel and staff in the event of a bomb threat, officials said.
Passengers were evacuated from the domestic terminal as CISF personnel, along with Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, carried out searches for an `explosive-laden bag` planted in the terminal building as part of the drill.
"As part of the exercise, the airport was evacuated and thorough searches were carried out to locate the bag," a CISF official said.
Apart from Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL), other agencies such as the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, directorate general of Civil Aviation and CISF, International Civil Aviation Organisation and Air Traffic Control took part in the drill, the official said.
"Under the airport security plan, a mock bomb threat preparedness drill was carried out at the terminal 1A for at least 30 minutes this afternoon to test the response time and co-ordination of all agencies," he said.
Flight schedules were not affected by the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi