Mock drill at Mumbai airport to test preparedness
Mumbai: A multi-agency mock drill was conducted on Sunday at the domestic airport here to assess the preparedness of security personnel and staff in the event of a bomb threat, officials said.
Passengers were evacuated from the domestic terminal as CISF personnel, along with Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, carried out searches for an `explosive-laden bag` planted in the terminal building as part of the drill.
"As part of the exercise, the airport was evacuated and thorough searches were carried out to locate the bag," a CISF official said.
Apart from Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL), other agencies such as the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, directorate general of Civil Aviation and CISF, International Civil Aviation Organisation and Air Traffic Control took part in the drill, the official said.
"Under the airport security plan, a mock bomb threat preparedness drill was carried out at the terminal 1A for at least 30 minutes this afternoon to test the response time and co-ordination of all agencies," he said.
Flight schedules were not affected by the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore