Mock drill at Mumbai airport to test preparedness
Mumbai: A multi-agency mock drill was conducted on Sunday at the domestic airport here to assess the preparedness of security personnel and staff in the event of a bomb threat, officials said.
Passengers were evacuated from the domestic terminal as CISF personnel, along with Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, carried out searches for an `explosive-laden bag` planted in the terminal building as part of the drill.
"As part of the exercise, the airport was evacuated and thorough searches were carried out to locate the bag," a CISF official said.
Apart from Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL), other agencies such as the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, directorate general of Civil Aviation and CISF, International Civil Aviation Organisation and Air Traffic Control took part in the drill, the official said.
"Under the airport security plan, a mock bomb threat preparedness drill was carried out at the terminal 1A for at least 30 minutes this afternoon to test the response time and co-ordination of all agencies," he said.
Flight schedules were not affected by the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees