Mock security drill at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: A multi-agency mock drill was conducted on Saturday at the airport here to assess the preparedness of security personnel and staff in the event of a bomb threat, officials said.
Passengers were evacuated from the international terminal as CISF personnel, along with Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, carried out searches for an `explosive-laden bag` planted in the terminal building as part of the exercise.
"As part of the drill, the entire airport was evacuated and thorough searches were carried out to locate the bag," a CISF official said.
Apart from Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL), other agencies such as the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Directorate General of Civil Aviation and CISF, International Civil Aviation Organisation and Air Traffic Control took part in the drill, an airport spokesperson said.
"Under the airport security plan, a mock bomb threat preparedness drill was carried out at the international terminal from 1.40 pm to 2.50 pm to test the response time and co-ordination of all agencies," a MIAL spokesperson said.
Flight schedules were not affected by the exercise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India