Mock security drill at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: A multi-agency mock drill was conducted on Saturday at the airport here to assess the preparedness of security personnel and staff in the event of a bomb threat, officials said.
Passengers were evacuated from the international terminal as CISF personnel, along with Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, carried out searches for an `explosive-laden bag` planted in the terminal building as part of the exercise.
"As part of the drill, the entire airport was evacuated and thorough searches were carried out to locate the bag," a CISF official said.
Apart from Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL), other agencies such as the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Directorate General of Civil Aviation and CISF, International Civil Aviation Organisation and Air Traffic Control took part in the drill, an airport spokesperson said.
"Under the airport security plan, a mock bomb threat preparedness drill was carried out at the international terminal from 1.40 pm to 2.50 pm to test the response time and co-ordination of all agencies," a MIAL spokesperson said.
Flight schedules were not affected by the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state