Model accuses senior IPS officer of rape in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A senior IPS officer in Mumbai has been accused of rape by a model, reports claimed on Thursday.
As per reports, an FIR has been filed in the case and DIG Sunil Paraskar has been named as accused.
"An FIR was registered against DIG Sunil Paraskar last night after a model complained that she was sexually abused by him," Assistant Commissioner of Police Ramesh Lokhare said.
The model alleged that Paraskar sexually assaulted her on several occasions, including once at a three-star hotel in Malad.
The case was filed with the Malvani police station.
Police officials refused to reveal any further details.
The Police Commissioner is reported to have ordered a swift probe into the allegations.
Paraskar was till a few months ago the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) in Mumbai and is at present Deputy Inspector General (Protection of Civil Rights Units) at the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio