Model accuses senior IPS officer of rape in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A senior IPS officer in Mumbai has been accused of rape by a model, reports claimed on Thursday.
As per reports, an FIR has been filed in the case and DIG Sunil Paraskar has been named as accused.
"An FIR was registered against DIG Sunil Paraskar last night after a model complained that she was sexually abused by him," Assistant Commissioner of Police Ramesh Lokhare said.
The model alleged that Paraskar sexually assaulted her on several occasions, including once at a three-star hotel in Malad.
The case was filed with the Malvani police station.
Police officials refused to reveal any further details.
The Police Commissioner is reported to have ordered a swift probe into the allegations.
Paraskar was till a few months ago the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) in Mumbai and is at present Deputy Inspector General (Protection of Civil Rights Units) at the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister