Model accuses senior IPS officer of rape in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: A senior IPS officer in Mumbai has been accused of rape by a model, reports claimed on Thursday.
As per reports, an FIR has been filed in the case and DIG Sunil Paraskar has been named as accused.
"An FIR was registered against DIG Sunil Paraskar last night after a model complained that she was sexually abused by him," Assistant Commissioner of Police Ramesh Lokhare said.
The model alleged that Paraskar sexually assaulted her on several occasions, including once at a three-star hotel in Malad.
The case was filed with the Malvani police station.
Police officials refused to reveal any further details.
The Police Commissioner is reported to have ordered a swift probe into the allegations.
Paraskar was till a few months ago the Additional Commissioner of Police (North Region) in Mumbai and is at present Deputy Inspector General (Protection of Civil Rights Units) at the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad