Model found murdered in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 23-year-old fashion model and a small-time actor, who had Miss Chennai crown to her name, was found murdered at her rented flat here, police said Tuesday.
Bidushi Dash Barde, who hailed from Odisha but was brought up in Chennai, was found brutally killed in her apartment in suburban Andheri last night. Her software engineer-husband Kedar found the body which bore injury marks, inflicted by a sharp-edged weapon, on her neck and chin, they said.
Robbery has been ruled out as the motive since no valuable was missing from the house, police said, adding there were no signs of a forced entry, indicating the assailant was known to the victim.
According to Bidushi`s father, who is an Air Force official, his daughter had also worked in a number of South Indian films.
After returning from work at around 8 pm, Kedar (26) entered the apartment using a duplicate key as repeated knock on the door did not elicit any response. He found Bidushi, a diabetic, lying in a pool of blood outside the bedroom. Kedar had left home at around 7.45 am, police said.
He alerted the neighbours and Bidushi was taken to a nearby private hospital where she was declared dead before admission, said V D Bhoite, Senior Inspector at DN Nagar Police Station.
Initially, police suspected Bidushi may have collapsed due to diabetes-related complications and suffered fatal injuries after falling on a glass showcase. However, the post- mortem report showed she was stabbed, following which police registered a murder case.
According to police sources, a neighbour told the investigators that she had seen a man at her house for a while yesterday afternoon.
Kedar and Bidushi had a love marriage three years ago and they moved to Mumbai one and half years ago. Police were collecting CCTV footage from the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!