Modern `Gabbar` held in Aurangabad
Aurangabad: The city Crime Branch sleuths
On Saturday nabbed a hardcore criminal wanted in many cases of
robbery from Waluj village near here.
The accused identified as Yogesh Joshi, who earned
sobriquet of `Gabbar` for his modus operandi in committing
robberies, had yesterday managed to give police a slip even
after they opened fire at him.
The police have seized two cell phones, knives and
cash from Joshi.
Police said villagers would not step out of their
houses due to fear of the history-sheeter as he would commit
robberies riding a horse, a style typical of the Gabbar Singh
of Bollywood flick Sholey.
The crime branch team, headed by police inspector
Kanchan Kumar Chate and API Gautam Patare, apprehended Joshi
in Kesapuri village.
What nailed the accused was an altercation he had with
a motorist whom he thrashed severely after robbing him off
valuables. Waluj police had formed a team to arrest Joshi
following the incident.
Interestingly, the accused was staying in Aurangabad
city even though he had been externed from the district
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state