Modi`s aide Amit Shah issued summon by Mumbai court
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Mumbai: A special CBI court on Friday summoned BJP leader Amit Shah along with 36 others in the Tulsiram Prajapati encounter case of 2006.
A special judge JT Utpat here summoned all accused to appear before the court on May 23.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet in the case on September 29, 2012, against Shah and 18 others, including several police officers.
The court has also rejected the bail application filed by suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara who is an accused in the Sohrabbudin encounter case.
In April 2014, the papers of the case were transferred to Mumbai CBI court from Gujarat.
As per the CBI, a known gangster Soharabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi were killed in a fake encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005 by Gujarat`s Anti-Terrorism Squad.
The key eye-witness to the encounter, Tulsiram Prajapati, was also allegedly killed by police at Chapri village in Banaskantha district of Gujarat in December 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'