Modi`s campaign based on lies and tall claims: Rane
Thane: Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane today termed as a "marketing gimmick" the claims of development and growth made by BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, saying Gujarat is a laggard on many fronts compared to the Congress-ruled state.
"All claims of development and growth made by Modi are false and misleading. BJP is concealing all its failures in Gujarat to woo voters ahead of elections," Rane said, addressing a gathering of Congress Seva Dal here.
Listing out various public welfare programmes launched by his party, Rane said Modi`s claims of Gujarat model of development are merely a "marketing gimmick".
He said Gujarat was lagging on may parameters compared to Maharashtra, contrary to the claims of BJP`s PM nominee.
During his interaction with reporters later, Rane took a dig at alliance partner NCP on party MP Supriya Sule`s reported statement asking those protesting against collection of toll, to target cars of ministers instead of state transport buses.
"I have not seen the footage of her statement. I will see it and then comment. However, it is not proper for her to make such remarks. If that is what she has said, then her statement should first apply to ministers of her party," Rane said.
Without taking the name of MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Rane, a former Shiv Sainik, said violent agitation was not the solution to resolve the simmering toll issue.
Rane said the agitation against the road tax was "politically motivated".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune