Money laundering case against Speak Asia
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday
registered a case against Speak Asia, a Singapore-based online
survey company, under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act
in connection with a multi-level marketing scam, sources said.
The firm had allegedly duped over 12 lakh investors, also
called as panelists, to the tune of Rs 1,300 crore, after
assuring them commission if they introduced new members.
Speak Asia had promised lucrative returns to its
investors, who were asked to pay a fee to register with it,
through a multi-marketing pyramid model.
The city police had earlier arrested Speak Asia`s Chief
Operating Officer in India (COO) Tarak Bajpai, Financial
Manager Ravi Khanna, the web portal`s technicians Rajeev
Malhotra, and Rais Khan and panelist Deepankar Sarkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?