Monk attempts immolation to protest Bodh Gaya blasts
Nagpur: A Buddhist monk on Thursday allegedly tried to immolate himself to protest the recent blasts in Bodh Gaya, police said.
Bodhi Priya Vinay (49), from Ghughus (Chandrapur district), along with a number of other Buddhists had gathered since morning near Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar statue at RBI square on the busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road to register their protests against the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya.
During the demonstration, Vinay tried to set himself on fire but the police personnel present on the spot thwarted his attempt.
He was then taken to Mayo General Hospital and later released, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!