Monk attempts immolation to protest Bodh Gaya blasts
Nagpur: A Buddhist monk on Thursday allegedly tried to immolate himself to protest the recent blasts in Bodh Gaya, police said.
Bodhi Priya Vinay (49), from Ghughus (Chandrapur district), along with a number of other Buddhists had gathered since morning near Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar statue at RBI square on the busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road to register their protests against the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya.
During the demonstration, Vinay tried to set himself on fire but the police personnel present on the spot thwarted his attempt.
He was then taken to Mayo General Hospital and later released, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation