Monk attempts immolation to protest Bodh Gaya blasts
Nagpur: A Buddhist monk on Thursday allegedly tried to immolate himself to protest the recent blasts in Bodh Gaya, police said.
Bodhi Priya Vinay (49), from Ghughus (Chandrapur district), along with a number of other Buddhists had gathered since morning near Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar statue at RBI square on the busy Nagpur-Jabalpur road to register their protests against the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya.
During the demonstration, Vinay tried to set himself on fire but the police personnel present on the spot thwarted his attempt.
He was then taken to Mayo General Hospital and later released, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video