Month after blast, German Bakery to be given back to owner
Pune: A month after the bomb blast at the
German Bakery here, in which 17 people were killed, the
popular eatery will be handed over to the owners tomorrow by
the Maharashtra ATS but it may still be days before the
landmark place bustles with activity.
A popular hangout for foreigners, the bakery was sealed
for collection of forensic evidence after the terror strike on
February 13 and its owners do not envisage getting instantly
back to business as several official procedures were yet to be
completed by the government including processing compensation
"A written No Objection Certificate (NOC) will be given
to us soon by the Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) authorities. Till
now the bakery for closed for evidence collection. It will be
the first time that we will go inside the bakery after the
blast," the bakery owner Snehal Kharose told PTI.
She said once the bakery re-opens it will have more
security features like CCTV cameras, which was missing prior
to the blast even though the police had asked for the same to
"The compensation and financial assistance has not been
given to us till now. We were assured by the Pune Mayor
Rajlaxmi Bhonsale and we have also approached Collector
Chandrakant Dalvi for help. We will now talk to the Minister
in charge for the city Ajit Pawar," Kharose said.
She said the bakery also has a stay order from the
Municipal Corporation on certain seating areas in the front
The RDX blast took place in the seating area and the
municipal authorities have done a `panchnama` at the property
for the blast claim, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow