Month after blast, German Bakery to be given back to owner
Pune: A month after the bomb blast at the
German Bakery here, in which 17 people were killed, the
popular eatery will be handed over to the owners tomorrow by
the Maharashtra ATS but it may still be days before the
landmark place bustles with activity.
A popular hangout for foreigners, the bakery was sealed
for collection of forensic evidence after the terror strike on
February 13 and its owners do not envisage getting instantly
back to business as several official procedures were yet to be
completed by the government including processing compensation
"A written No Objection Certificate (NOC) will be given
to us soon by the Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) authorities. Till
now the bakery for closed for evidence collection. It will be
the first time that we will go inside the bakery after the
blast," the bakery owner Snehal Kharose told PTI.
She said once the bakery re-opens it will have more
security features like CCTV cameras, which was missing prior
to the blast even though the police had asked for the same to
"The compensation and financial assistance has not been
given to us till now. We were assured by the Pune Mayor
Rajlaxmi Bhonsale and we have also approached Collector
Chandrakant Dalvi for help. We will now talk to the Minister
in charge for the city Ajit Pawar," Kharose said.
She said the bakery also has a stay order from the
Municipal Corporation on certain seating areas in the front
The RDX blast took place in the seating area and the
municipal authorities have done a `panchnama` at the property
for the blast claim, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users