More than 3 lakh cases pending in Bombay HC, reveals RTI
Thane: Over three lakh cases are pending in the Bombay High Court, according to an information revealed under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
The details, dated till December 31, 2009 were given after local social worker Omprakash Sharma sought information in this regard.
According to the RTI reply statement, there were as many as 3,38,183 cases were pending in the Bombay High Court and the sanctioned number judges in the court is 75 while the working strength presently is 63.
Also, the figures of the division bench vary as per the assignment of judicial work. During the present assignment there are ten division benches at Bombay, three at Nagpur,
three at Aurangabad and one at Goa, it said.
Normally, the assignment is changed five times in a year and matters are being placed in due sequence before the respective benches, it stated.
Sharma has demanded the Union Law Ministry that additional benches be set up in Nanded, Jalgaon and Pune to clear the pending cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way