More women being recruited by Maharashtra police
Mumbai: Recruitment of women by Maharashtra`s police force saw a rise in the last few years after 30 per cent of posts were reserved for them.
"In 2011, as many as 3530 of the total recruits were women. The response from women during the recruitment drive has improved. However, a majority of them are from poor families and weak in health," home department officials said.
In 2006, 1377 women were recruited, while 2281 women were recruited in 2007, 2328 women were recruited in 2008, 3401 women were recruited in 2009 and 3530 women were recruited in 2011, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest