More women being recruited by Maharashtra police
Mumbai: Recruitment of women by Maharashtra`s police force saw a rise in the last few years after 30 per cent of posts were reserved for them.
"In 2011, as many as 3530 of the total recruits were women. The response from women during the recruitment drive has improved. However, a majority of them are from poor families and weak in health," home department officials said.
In 2006, 1377 women were recruited, while 2281 women were recruited in 2007, 2328 women were recruited in 2008, 3401 women were recruited in 2009 and 3530 women were recruited in 2011, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter