More women being recruited by Maharashtra police
Mumbai: Recruitment of women by Maharashtra`s police force saw a rise in the last few years after 30 per cent of posts were reserved for them.
"In 2011, as many as 3530 of the total recruits were women. The response from women during the recruitment drive has improved. However, a majority of them are from poor families and weak in health," home department officials said.
In 2006, 1377 women were recruited, while 2281 women were recruited in 2007, 2328 women were recruited in 2008, 3401 women were recruited in 2009 and 3530 women were recruited in 2011, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie