Mother allegedly axes her pregnant minor daughter to death
Parbhani: In a sensational incident, a pregnant minor girl was brutally axed to death, allegedly by her own mother, at Mudgal village in Pathari tehsil.
The accused allegedly killed her daughter when she was fast asleep, police said, adding that the incident took place a couple of days back.
Allegedly, the accused lodged a false complaint with the police that some unidentified person had killed her 16-year-old daughter and escaped with cash and valuables.
However, deputy divisional police officer CR Rode felt suspicious and probed the matter further.
During interrogation, the girl`s mother confessed that she had killed her minor daughter who was four months pregnant, after she failed to disclose who had impregnated her and also refused to abort her child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family