Mother allegedly axes her pregnant minor daughter to death
Parbhani: In a sensational incident, a pregnant minor girl was brutally axed to death, allegedly by her own mother, at Mudgal village in Pathari tehsil.
The accused allegedly killed her daughter when she was fast asleep, police said, adding that the incident took place a couple of days back.
Allegedly, the accused lodged a false complaint with the police that some unidentified person had killed her 16-year-old daughter and escaped with cash and valuables.
However, deputy divisional police officer CR Rode felt suspicious and probed the matter further.
During interrogation, the girl`s mother confessed that she had killed her minor daughter who was four months pregnant, after she failed to disclose who had impregnated her and also refused to abort her child.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India