Mozambique women caught trying to smuggle drugs worth Rs 15cr
Mumbai: Two female Mozambique nationals were on Monday arrested from the international airport here for allegedly trying to smuggle out 30 kgs of Methaqualone drugs valued at Rs 15 crores, a senior Customs official said.
The duo -- Mulima Anifa Raimundo Xavier (33) and Mate Ineida Noemia De Assuncao (36) -- was intercepted on suspicion at Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport in the wee hours today said the official of Air Intelligence Unit of the Customs.
The two were scheduled to depart on a Kenya Airways flight to Gaborone of Republic of Botswana via Nairobi of Kenya, the official added.
Upon checking their luggage, 30 kgs of Methaqualone drugs valued at Rs 15 crores were discovered in 60 sarees packed in two bags, the official said, adding "500 grams of drugs was concealed in each saree."
The two were subsequently arrested under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof