Mozambique women caught trying to smuggle drugs worth Rs 15cr
Mumbai: Two female Mozambique nationals were on Monday arrested from the international airport here for allegedly trying to smuggle out 30 kgs of Methaqualone drugs valued at Rs 15 crores, a senior Customs official said.
The duo -- Mulima Anifa Raimundo Xavier (33) and Mate Ineida Noemia De Assuncao (36) -- was intercepted on suspicion at Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport in the wee hours today said the official of Air Intelligence Unit of the Customs.
The two were scheduled to depart on a Kenya Airways flight to Gaborone of Republic of Botswana via Nairobi of Kenya, the official added.
Upon checking their luggage, 30 kgs of Methaqualone drugs valued at Rs 15 crores were discovered in 60 sarees packed in two bags, the official said, adding "500 grams of drugs was concealed in each saree."
The two were subsequently arrested under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range