MP Governor, CM mourn Thackeray`s death
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan have expressed deep sorrow over the passing away of Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray in Mumbai yesterday.
Yadav described Thackeray as "a vocal nationalist who devoted his life for the conservation and honour of Indian culture and traditions," official sources said today.
Terming the demise of Thackeray as an irreparable loss, Chouhan said in his condolence message that an era has ended with the passing away of a true nationalist leader who had a multi-faceted personality.
He (Thackeray) was a patriot and a vocal supporter of the nationalist thought, Chouhan said.
Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of Thackeray.
Chouhan is in Mumbai to take part in the last rites of Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman