MP Governor, CM mourn Thackeray`s death
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan have expressed deep sorrow over the passing away of Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray in Mumbai yesterday.
Yadav described Thackeray as "a vocal nationalist who devoted his life for the conservation and honour of Indian culture and traditions," official sources said today.
Terming the demise of Thackeray as an irreparable loss, Chouhan said in his condolence message that an era has ended with the passing away of a true nationalist leader who had a multi-faceted personality.
He (Thackeray) was a patriot and a vocal supporter of the nationalist thought, Chouhan said.
Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of Thackeray.
Chouhan is in Mumbai to take part in the last rites of Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence