MP Governor, CM mourn Thackeray`s death
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan have expressed deep sorrow over the passing away of Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray in Mumbai yesterday.
Yadav described Thackeray as "a vocal nationalist who devoted his life for the conservation and honour of Indian culture and traditions," official sources said today.
Terming the demise of Thackeray as an irreparable loss, Chouhan said in his condolence message that an era has ended with the passing away of a true nationalist leader who had a multi-faceted personality.
He (Thackeray) was a patriot and a vocal supporter of the nationalist thought, Chouhan said.
Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of Thackeray.
Chouhan is in Mumbai to take part in the last rites of Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?