MPA attack case: Court gives nod for trial against Jundal
Nashik: A local court has granted permission to start trial against alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack accused Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal in a special district and sessions court in the case of conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
The order was passed by district and sessions judge KK Tantrapale yesterday after hearing the arguments, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
Jundal is currently lodged in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad had filed a charge sheet against Jundal in the MPA case earlier this month.
There are total nine accused in the 2010 MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh alias Lalbaba and Himayat Beg.
Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Both Shaikh and Pune blast accused Himayat Beg were arrested in 2010 by ATS for conducting recee of Nashik`s important places, including the MPA, and allegedly conspiring to attack the place.
Shaikh was arrested in Nashik`s Satpur locality by ATS in 2010, who recovered from him 750 gms RDX, maps, some CDs and documents, Misar added.
Meanwhile, the judge rejected Beg`s plea urging court to discharge him from case saying that no links or evidences were found against him.
ATS had earlier filed a charge sheet against Shaikh and Beg in the case.
Jundal was brought to India last year from Saudi Arabia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case