MPA attack case: Court gives nod for trial against Jundal
Nashik: A local court has granted permission to start trial against alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack accused Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal in a special district and sessions court in the case of conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
The order was passed by district and sessions judge KK Tantrapale yesterday after hearing the arguments, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
Jundal is currently lodged in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad had filed a charge sheet against Jundal in the MPA case earlier this month.
There are total nine accused in the 2010 MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh alias Lalbaba and Himayat Beg.
Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Both Shaikh and Pune blast accused Himayat Beg were arrested in 2010 by ATS for conducting recee of Nashik`s important places, including the MPA, and allegedly conspiring to attack the place.
Shaikh was arrested in Nashik`s Satpur locality by ATS in 2010, who recovered from him 750 gms RDX, maps, some CDs and documents, Misar added.
Meanwhile, the judge rejected Beg`s plea urging court to discharge him from case saying that no links or evidences were found against him.
ATS had earlier filed a charge sheet against Shaikh and Beg in the case.
Jundal was brought to India last year from Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog