MPA attack case: Court gives nod for trial against Jundal
Nashik: A local court has granted permission to start trial against alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack accused Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal in a special district and sessions court in the case of conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
The order was passed by district and sessions judge KK Tantrapale yesterday after hearing the arguments, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
Jundal is currently lodged in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad had filed a charge sheet against Jundal in the MPA case earlier this month.
There are total nine accused in the 2010 MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh alias Lalbaba and Himayat Beg.
Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Both Shaikh and Pune blast accused Himayat Beg were arrested in 2010 by ATS for conducting recee of Nashik`s important places, including the MPA, and allegedly conspiring to attack the place.
Shaikh was arrested in Nashik`s Satpur locality by ATS in 2010, who recovered from him 750 gms RDX, maps, some CDs and documents, Misar added.
Meanwhile, the judge rejected Beg`s plea urging court to discharge him from case saying that no links or evidences were found against him.
ATS had earlier filed a charge sheet against Shaikh and Beg in the case.
Jundal was brought to India last year from Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you