MPCC forms committee for upcoming polls
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has formed a 15-member committee to prepare
the party`s manifesto for the forthcoming zilla parishads,
panchayat samitis and municipal corporations.
The committee, headed by state unit chief Manikrao
Thakre, will meet on January 6.
Talking to reporters here, MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil
said farmers issues, price rise and development agenda would
be among the highlights of the manifesto.
There would be a separate manifesto for the Mumbai
municipal corporation, he added.
The party`s extended working committee meeting will be
held on January 9 to take stock of the just concluded
municipal council polls and to discuss preparations for the
zilla parishads, panchayat samitis and municipal corporations
He said the state parliamentary board will meet on
January 16, 17 and 18 to select candidates for ZP and
panchayat samiti polls. The board will meet again on January
21-23 to finalize the list of candidates for the municipal
corporations excluding Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre