MPCC forms committee for upcoming polls
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has formed a 15-member committee to prepare
the party`s manifesto for the forthcoming zilla parishads,
panchayat samitis and municipal corporations.
The committee, headed by state unit chief Manikrao
Thakre, will meet on January 6.
Talking to reporters here, MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil
said farmers issues, price rise and development agenda would
be among the highlights of the manifesto.
There would be a separate manifesto for the Mumbai
municipal corporation, he added.
The party`s extended working committee meeting will be
held on January 9 to take stock of the just concluded
municipal council polls and to discuss preparations for the
zilla parishads, panchayat samitis and municipal corporations
He said the state parliamentary board will meet on
January 16, 17 and 18 to select candidates for ZP and
panchayat samiti polls. The board will meet again on January
21-23 to finalize the list of candidates for the municipal
corporations excluding Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...