MPCC forms committee for upcoming polls
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has formed a 15-member committee to prepare
the party`s manifesto for the forthcoming zilla parishads,
panchayat samitis and municipal corporations.
The committee, headed by state unit chief Manikrao
Thakre, will meet on January 6.
Talking to reporters here, MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil
said farmers issues, price rise and development agenda would
be among the highlights of the manifesto.
There would be a separate manifesto for the Mumbai
municipal corporation, he added.
The party`s extended working committee meeting will be
held on January 9 to take stock of the just concluded
municipal council polls and to discuss preparations for the
zilla parishads, panchayat samitis and municipal corporations
He said the state parliamentary board will meet on
January 16, 17 and 18 to select candidates for ZP and
panchayat samiti polls. The board will meet again on January
21-23 to finalize the list of candidates for the municipal
corporations excluding Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside